Garden Roof Systems
From the roof membrane up through the plants, a green roof needs to function first as a roof, keeping the structure watertight, and at the same time provide an environment conducive to the vegetation. Hydrotech’s Garden Roof® Assemblies accomplish this by incorporating the very best in moisture protection, proven green roof technology and experience.
Unlike conventional earth covered structures, Garden Roof Assemblies are lightweight and can be installed on a wide variety of new and existing structures when combined with Hydrotech’s Monolithic Membrane 6125® roofing/waterproofing with proven green technology.
American Hydrotech Garden Roofing
- Hydrotech Garden Roof Assembly – Extensive Lightweight, low maintenance, supports hardy plants, no irrigation required
- Hydrotech Garden Roof Assembly – Sloped Applications Expand beyond traditional flat roof applications and put a green roof where it has not been feasible before
- Hydrotech Garden Roof Assembly – Intensive This comes as close as you can get to replicating your yard or garden on the roof
- Hydrotech Garden Roof Assembly – Shallow Intensive Lightweight assembly, slightly deeper soil depth, and designed to support sod lawns and perennials
American Hydrotech Waterproofing MONOLITHIC MEMBRANE 6125
Monolithic Membrane 6125® (MM6125®) is a thick, tough, flexible, self-healing membrane for use in waterproofing. MM6125 is a special formulation of refined asphalts and synthetic rubbers.
MM6125 has been successfully used worldwide by leading architects, engineers and owners on all types of horizontal and vertical structures including plazas, parking decks, planters, tunnels, bridges, mud slabs, foundation walls and roof areas…establishing an unbeatable track record of 50 years.
Monolithic Membrane 6125 Waterproofing Applications
- Horizontal Applications… such as plazas, parking decks, tunnels, bridges and mud slabs.
- Vertical Applications... such as foundation wall waterproofing and planters.
- New Construction…getting it right the first time with the right product is critical. Monolithic Membrane 6125 is perfect for new construction. It is applied directly to the structural deck (the best place for a waterproofing membrane), it is monolithic (seamless) and bonds to a variety of substrates.
- Renovation/Rehabilitation Work… Monolithic Membrane 6125 is extremely well suited for rehab work and the additional challenges that typically don’t present themselves in new construction.
Restrictions with MM6125?
- MM6125 should not be used on cellular concrete or light weight insulation concrete.
- MM6125 is considered a “positive side” side waterproofing and should not be installed in a “negative side” application (i.e., the inside of a foundation wall).
Monolithic Membrane 6125 Fabric Reinforced Assembly
The Monolithic Membrane 6125 Fabric Reinforced Assembly consists of one coat of membrane at 90 mils (2.3 mm) into which Hydrotech’s Flex Flash F (a spunbonded polyester fabric) is embedded. A second coat of membrane is then installed at 125 mils (3.2 mm) minimum. Total membrane thickness is 215 mils (5.5 mm).
The Fabric Reinforced Assembly method of installation is typically used for poured-in-place and precast concrete substrates in “renovation/rehabilitation” work. It is also used for poured-in-place concrete substrates in “new construction” when a belt and suspenders approach may be desired. In addition, the Fabric Reinforced Assembly is used on plywood, wood plank and an approved cementitious board, over a metal deck substrate.
Monolithic Membrane 6125 Standard Assembly
The Monolithic Membrane 6125 Standard Assembly consists of one coat of membrane at a thickness of 180 mils (4.6 mm), minimum 125 mils (3.2 mm). The Standard Assembly method of installation is typically used for poured-in-place and precast concrete substrates in “new” construction.